Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Standing Forth by Meredith Burton


 Our woman’s lot, my mother says,
To bear children and not use our heads.
Yet words have sprung before my eyes,
Bringing me hope and freedom to try.
CHORUS
A moment has come,
One I never believed.
Should I do nothing
Or say that I can read?
The Smallman King who hid away,
Gave me courage to think and say
My thoughts despite disagreement and pain.
In turmoil I wait, for a choice must be made.
REPEAT CHORUS
BRIDGE
Know your place, the lot life casts.
Do not make a scene when the danger is vast.
Yet no one else will take a stand.
Perhaps a weakling has a place in the Song-Giver’s plan.
Our woman’s lot, my mother says,
To bear children and not use our heads.
Yet words have sprung before my eyes,
Opening doors to adventures untried.
Tag: Opening doors to adventures untried.

No comments:

Post a Comment