Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Silly Ditty by Merenwen

Gleamdren, Gleamdren

Give me your answer true.

I’m half crazy—nay, I’m in love with you.

This can only lead to marriage,
Because (besides myself) only fools
Do vie for your
Beautiful, delicate hand.
Eanrin, Eanrin,
Give me your answer true.
I’m half crazy, keeping you at bay.
Of course, I love this game.
How long can you keep it up?
I wish to see, for only me
And you can play it so well.
[After a curious turn of events:]
Imraldera, Imraldera,
Give me your answer true.
I’m half crazy, falling in love with you.
I wish this would lead to marriage,
But I’m afraid of a barrage
Of rejections,
Since I last stole a few kisses from you. 
Eanrin, Eanrin,
Give me your answer, will you!
I am going mad, waiting in silence for you.
I thought it might lead to marriage,
But then the mortal came
And stole your heart,
But still I wait for you
To come to your senses!
Eanrin, Eanrin,
Give her your answer, please.
I’m half crazy, waiting for you to sing
Truly
Of your heart-felt devotion
To Queen Bebo’s cousin.
But since I came, Lady Gleamdrené
Has yet to speak to you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment